Friday, August 29, 2008

Julie and the Eagles

It all started when Julie and her best friend Ivy found a baby Owl in a meadow,and did not know what to do with it. So they asked a kind lady who they had been talking to earlier on what to do with it. She said to go to the Randall Museum because they have a place for hurt wild animals and someone is sure to know what to do!

So they wrapped up the poor baby owl and rode their bikes to the Museum. Sure enough someone was there to help the baby owl. The woman's name was Robin and she looked at the shaking and blinking baby owl. She asked if the owl was blinking and shaking the whole time and Julie replied that it was. Robin was very worried that the baby owl had ate something poisonous! She said that it may not make it through the night, but she hoped it would! Robin said that Julie could come the next day to check on the baby owl.

The next day when Julie came to see the baby owl, Robin had some bad news. The baby owl had to go to the vet because they all thought he needed more care. But then she told her she had a surprise for Julie! She took her to the room with all the animals and took her to a cage with beautiful bald eagles! She said their names are Shasta and Sierra. Then she took Julie to a cage with baby eagles in it! Julie asked if they will ever let them go and she said that they have to make a hack tower and that costs one thousand dollars to build! Julie was so sad that she new that she had to do something! Then at school she had a brilliant idea!..

What was Julie's brilliant idea? Read Julie and the Eagles by Megan McDonald!
I give this book 10 bananas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a voracious reader! You've completed so many books since I last checked your blog.

I'll add these titles to my Reading To Do list.

Thank You

Natalie said...

Sounds like a book I read with my mom when I was younger. She used to make me read with her every day. I wanted to be outside playing, so I was sorta mad at first, but secretly I really liked the stories.