Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Name is Sally Little Song

In this book Sally May is a slave. Born a slave and always will be a slave. She lives with her Pa, Mama, and her brother Abraham. The family's job usually stays outside like picked cotton wood and grinding corn. If it was raining, sometimes they would have the women come in to work, while the men worked out side.

Sally's family was not the only family working there, a few other men, women and kids worked with them. One day Joshua one of the house workers who is a friend of thiers came over to talk with Pa. Sally was very curious to see what they were talking about so she snuck out of bed and listened. He said that Sally May,Abraham, June July,l'il Pete,and Lucinda will be sent off to another piece of land owned by some one else. Then they started talking about some Indians that would keep them safe.

Joshua left and Sally ran back to bed. Pa came back and told them that they would be running away tomorrow night to an Indian tribe that will keep them safe. But in order to get there, they would have to cross a swamp with crocodiles. Sally remembered what the master does if they get caught and Sally was scared...

Do they make it across the swamp? Do they get caught? Does the tribe keep them safe?

Read My Name is Sally Little Song by Brenda Woods to find out!

I give this book 6 bananas. I do not recommend this book to kids younger than 9.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

All right, I'm starting to think you are just too smart for your age. You should start putting how many pages there are in the books you are reading. How in the world do you read so many books? THey must be small. Dont they give you homework at your school?

Banana's Book Blog said...

No, they are not small, they are pretty long. This book was 192 pages. And yes, I do get homework too. :) I like it when you comment on my blog!

Natalie said...

Thanks! I like reading your blog. I think its great that you read so much. Have you seen the book case you can add to your blog and whenever you read a book, you add one to the shelf? I have one on my blog, but I dont really have any books to add to it because I havent been reading. I have been wanting to start a good book lately. Maybe Ill finish one I started awhile back.

Anonymous said...

I just checked in to see how your blog is coming along. I can see you're still going strong. I love to read your write ups about the books.You always leave me with a question I want answered. I like the way you've set up a selfari.