Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Trumpet of the Swan

Louis the swan was born with no voice. He could not say "beep" or say "koh-ho". When Louis got older the problem got to him. In order to marry another trumpeter swan he needs to win her heart by saying ''KOH-Ho''. Louis felt very discouraged. His father saw him having troubles with winning his love's heart.

His father went to the mother and told her that he will go to town and get a trumpet for their son Louis. His mother was very worried that the father swan would never get back with out getting shot or hurt.

A boy who goes to the lake where Louis lives, watched these baby swans get born and watch them grow up. Te boy is the only one who goes to this lake and he also is the only human who knows about the nest of swans and about Louis disability. The boy keeps the secret of the swans to himself and never tells a soul. Later in the book Louis flies to the boys house one day and the boy finds a way for him to talk.

Will Louis' father come back with a trumpet? How does the boy teach Louis how to talk? Will Louis win his true love's heart?

Read The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White to find out.

I give this book 10 Banana's!

3 comments:

Elle J said...

I remember reading this as a child and LOVED it!!! I am glad that you enjoyed it too. :)

Aviva said...

My Mom read this book to me a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it a lot! Did you know E.B. White wrote Stuart Little and have you read it? It is a great book also. Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday!

Banana's Book Blog said...

Dancer,
I did not know that E.B. White wrote Stuart Little but I saw the movie. I have never read it! that is so cool you enjoyed The Trumpet of the Swan! See you on Tuesday!
~Banana