Friday, December 19, 2008

Mr.Chickees Funny Money

In this book Steven is a friend to this man named Mr.Chickee. Most kids make fun of Mr.Chickee because he is blind. Steven usually helps him get his groceries.

One day Mr.Chickee said that he would be on a trip for a while. He always treats Steven to a pop and a bag of chips. This time he gave him an envelope. When he gave it to Steven he said that it is up to him to figure out what to do with it.

Steven went to a tree that he always goes to to read his comic book, eats chips, and drink his pop.This time he opened the envelope that Mr.Chickee gave him. It contained a mysterious piece of money. It had a one and fifteen zeros after that! He could not believe it! Steven did not know that their was such thing as a quadrillion dollar bill! Or was it fake? Steven may be the most smartest kid in school, but this was something that a smart kid could not figure out.

Was the money real? If so, why does Mr. Chickee have it? What did he mean by "It is up to you to figure out what to do with it"? Read Mr. Chickees funny money By Christopher Paul Curtis to find out.

I give this book 9 bananas.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I bet you got a lot of reading time in this vacation, having so much time off of school! I have had 3 weeks off of work, and since we were traveling so much, I had lots of time to read myself. I hardly ever finish a book. But I finished one this time. I read "twilight." It was about vampires. I thought I would hate it, but it wasn't too bad. The vampires were actually very human-like and didn't touch people. So it was ALMOST normal...:)